Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Houghton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ian

Ian Report 1 Dec 2004 17:05

Can anyone check marriages between !860-1866 for William Houghton Wigan and a Mary ? I am trying to get the GRO so I can buy marriage and birth certificate. William was born C1838-40 he had a son William born 1866. Many thanks for any help. Regards Andrew

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 1 Dec 2004 17:21

see your post on records office

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 1 Dec 2004 18:26

Hello I had a look on the Lancashire BMD site http://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk and found this possibility: Lancashire Marriage indexes for the years: 1865 Surname Forename(s) Surname Forename(s) Church / Register Office Registers At Reference HOUGHTON William HAYES Maria St. Thomas,Ashton in Makerfield Wigan C8/2/79 Relevant births haven't been transcribed yet. Christine

Ian

Ian Report 1 Dec 2004 18:42

I have a strong family connection with ince in mackerfeild so that may be a possibility. I am going to try and get GRO for William 1866 and then I will get the mothers name. It is funny I tried BDM earlier and got nothing I spent ages on c1837 online and got 8c55 8c54 1864 and 8 o 22 but it would not show spouses name. Thanks for your help. Regards Andrew