Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Australian records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~Summer Scribe~

~Summer Scribe~ Report 30 Nov 2004 21:51

Does anyone know of a site where I can find records on things like australian births deaths and marriages and census records? Thanks Liz

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 30 Nov 2004 23:03

Liz I copied and pasted this that another member Christina Bawden had posted on records board. www[.]bdm[.]nsw[.]gov[.]au has free online indexes to New South Wales birth records from 1788 to 1905 and deaths and marriages from 1788 to 1945, you can order certificates online. www[.]justice[.]vic[.]gov[.]au the Victorian registry online electronic delivery of documents, indexes are pay to view, they will email you copies. Dont forget to remove brackets from dots when typing into address bar Christine

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 30 Nov 2004 23:05

try this one.... http://www.nla.gov.au/pathways/jnls/newsite/browse/geoghist.html national library of Austrailia. coverage depnds on which state you need Shell

~Summer Scribe~

~Summer Scribe~ Report 1 Dec 2004 00:16

Thank you both very much. It's Victoria that I'm interested in. Not entirely sure what I'm looking for there at the moment really... I need to know whether a person we suspect maybe a link in our tree left there to get married or after he married or if we are barking up totally the wrong tree. Thanks again. Liz