Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help..this is odd

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Clare

Clare Report 30 Nov 2004 00:48

I am looking for a john w walden born 1860 he appears in the 1891 and 1901 census and stockport is his place of birth but he doesnt exist then until 1891.. is this usual??? Or am i looking in the wrong places. I am trying to locate his family from the census you see but they have vanishd ... could he be adopted and thats why???

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 30 Nov 2004 01:07

Clare If you go to Family Search: www(.)familysearch(.)org they do 1881 census it is free. Click on the tab that says search and then click on census on the left. I have just done a search of your relative and there are loads on there. Too many to put on here. You will find that probably the surname was spelt wrong. The search I did came up with loads for Walten. Nicola

John

John Report 30 Nov 2004 01:08

Have you looked at http://freebmd(.)rootsweb(.)com/ there appears a JOHN WALDERN

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 30 Nov 2004 01:11

Who are his family in 1891

Clare

Clare Report 30 Nov 2004 01:14

by 1891 census he is married to rachel and has4 children, william, samuel,george and mary but i cant find him prior to this! oh well off to look on those sites!

Clare

Clare Report 30 Nov 2004 01:24

well i found his birth in stockport but then he diappears, its the census info i am after unless he moved to another district.. then ended up in bury in 1891. Need to bang my head against a brick wall!

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 30 Nov 2004 01:24

What is his occupation and how old are the children in 1891

Clare

Clare Report 30 Nov 2004 01:29

Hi i have found the children its his parents i am looking for in my own bizarre way lol. I am trying to locate him prior to 1891 and after his birth in 1860. xx clare

Crista

Crista Report 30 Nov 2004 01:31

Clare, Name Age in 1871 Birthplace Relationship Civil Parish County/Island Lucy Rawlinson 28 Heaton Norris, Lancashire, England Wife Manchester Cheshire Thomas Rawlinson 26 Heaton Norris, Lancashire, England Head Manchester Cheshire Elizabeth Rowlinson 1 Heaton Norris, Lancashire, England Daughter Manchester Cheshire Sarah A Rowlinson 4 Heaton Norris, Lancashire, England Daughter Manchester Cheshire Maria Walden 68 Heaton Norris, Lancashire, England Mother Manchester Cheshire John Wm Waldon 11 Heaton Norris, Lancashire, England Stepson Manchester Cheshire 1881: Household: Name Relation Marital Status Gender Age Birthplace Occupation Disability Thomas RAWLINSON Head M Male 38 Stockport, Cheshire, England Hawker (For Rags) Lucy RAWLINSON Wife M Female 38 Stockport, Cheshire, England Cotton Weaver John W. RAWLINSON Son U Male 20 Stockport, Cheshire, England Roving Carrier (Cotton Mill) Sarah A. RAWLINSON Daur Female 12 Stockport, Cheshire, England Cotton Weaver Elizabeth RAWLINSON Daur Female 11 Stockport, Cheshire, England Scholar George RAWLINSON Son Male 9 Stockport, Cheshire, England Scholar James RAWLINSON Son Male 4 Stockport, Cheshire, England Scholar John T. RAWLINSON Son Male 3 Stockport, Cheshire, England Samuel RAWLINSON Son Male 1 Bury, Cheshire, England Dwelling 61 Baker St Census Place Elton, Lancashire, England James Rawlinson is with John in 1891. Crista

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 30 Nov 2004 01:33

Stockport and Bury are both part of Gt.Manchester so he didnt move far

Clare

Clare Report 30 Nov 2004 01:52

It does look good and it could be him but his dob is wrong by around 18yrs! unless this john is his father???I get i wont know until a i get a birth cert. Many thanks but i can see the rawlinson connection .

Crista

Crista Report 30 Nov 2004 02:30

Clare, Both of the results I mentioned put John's birth c1860 which is what you listed. How is this out by 18 years? Crista

Clare

Clare Report 30 Nov 2004 08:38

sorry crista tryed searching for the same info and misread another Walden. Apologies, it looks like you were correct, and given his mothers age when he was born he could well be illegitatmate!