Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Merry or Black Widow?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Nov 2004 15:28

My 6ggparents were William and Elizabeth Truby.

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Nov 2004 15:35

1) Elizabeth Smith married Richard Busby at Charlbury, Oxfordshire in 1747. Between 1746 yes 1746 and 1756 they had 6 children at Islip. I have not yet found details of his death. 2) Elizabeth Busby (widow) married William Truby of Little Wolford at Islip in 1760. They had 3 children, one of whom died as a baby, and another was my 5th ggfather Joseph. William was buried in 1765. 3) Elizabeth Truby (widow) married George Edwards at Islip in 1769. I know that number 2 was my 6th ggmother, but how sure can I be that she is also the other 2? And, by the way, was she just a rotten cook?

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 29 Nov 2004 15:40

crikey ! I hope she stopped there ! Did you find out this on family search or is there another place for this reseach??

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 29 Nov 2004 15:44

Jim, A friend and I were talking about just this sort of problem earlier today.We decided that you sometimes have to settle for ' probably' but I know that like us, you like to have back-up evidence. I wonder if there are Wills, - perhaps even SMITH ones that leave something to Elizabeth, now wife of....... or name her children so that you can link one Elizabeth to another.

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Nov 2004 22:23

Please, Any Busbys Trubys or Smiths got a connection?