Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FLINTSHIRE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nantwich

Nantwich Report 27 Nov 2004 21:46

Hi all Does anyone know of any online resources for Flintshire, am going round and round with a few rellies and could do with a few new resources to try!! Cheers Sarah

Martin

Martin Report 28 Nov 2004 09:06

Obviously start with GENUKI. The Clwyd FHS has some publications like MIs on sale from their website. There is quite an active mailing list on ROOTSWEB where I have been able to get help in the past - I think there is a FLINT list but the CLWYD one is most active. You can also check the archives of the list there. If all else fails try some websearches, it is surprising what can be found on the WWW. Put in place names, names of people etc, something like "history" or "family history". If you use GOOGLE.CO.UK then you can limit to mainly UK sites though GOOGLE has a tendency to match to too many commercial sites so I often find a search engine like VIVISIMO more useful. Martin

Ted

Ted Report 28 Nov 2004 14:47

SARAH hello. I dont know where you live, but the RO for FLINTSHIRE is in HARWARDEN not far from Queensferry and close to the A55 . They are extremely helpful and you can get their address if you go to GOOGLE or YAHOO. Cheers TED.