Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New to this

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Brenda

Brenda Report 27 Nov 2004 10:50

What information can I find about my ancestors from the Public Library please. Do I have to pay for this info

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Nov 2004 10:56

Hi Brenda - welcome to this addictive holiday Most local Libraries hold some records - such as available censuses , archives of local papers etc and Land recors - check with the local one and find out what exactly they do have and they will also tell you what other branches hold

Emma

Emma Report 27 Nov 2004 12:07

Hi Brenda, Try this web site www.familia.org(.)uk which is an online guide to the genealogical resources in the UK's libraries. You can click on your nearest library with family history resources and it should tell you what records they hold and also give you contact details for the library. Hope this helps, Emma.