Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

IM AN EMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deb

Deb Report 27 Nov 2004 01:29

Thanks to eveyone who helped, ive just found the marriage record that solves the mystery. the maiden name i thought belonged to my G.Grandmother was her married name, her maiden name was Emo. Arn't families full of surprises debbie

Sally

Sally Report 27 Nov 2004 07:24

Deborah, I know the feeling my greatgrandmother was named wallbank but, on her marriage cert if gives her father's name as spencer still can not find her mother. UGGGGGGGG

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Nov 2004 08:52

Deborah See, if it says maiden name it IS maiden name! Glad you solved the mystery. Sally Keep on and you will sort yours out too, I'm sure. nell

Judith

Judith Report 27 Nov 2004 09:42

Glad you've sorted that one out Deborah. Emo sounds like a name that should be fairly easy to trace back - fairly unusual, not too many alternative spellings - would you be prepared to swap it for my Smiths and Dauernheim/ Danernheim/ Danemheir......s? No? Oh well it was worth a try. :-) Judith