Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

London Family History Map

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Nov 2004 22:55

There's a useful leaflet about genealogy resources in Camden & Islington, which you can download as a PDF file from www*archiveawareness*com/highlights/london replace * with . It shows the location of the British Library, BT archives, local studies centres in Camden & Islington, the Family Records Centre, London Metropolitan Archives, the Royal Mail Archive & the Society of Genealogists. It also has info on university vacation accommodation for family historians at the London School of Economics. nell

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 27 Nov 2004 08:42

Looks useful - thanks Christine

Natalie

Natalie Report 27 Nov 2004 18:39

Thanks for that Nell. It's really useful to have all the useful places on one map, plus help with how to get there on public transport. Natalie

Chris

Chris Report 27 Nov 2004 20:26

Thanks for that Nell. I've printed it off - just in case I ever make the trip to England in the near future. Great map. Like the fact it's a walking map too.

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 27 Nov 2004 20:41

Helen, Wish you had the map today! Nuff said! Viv

Ken

Ken Report 27 Nov 2004 21:32

That's a really good find on your part Nell - well done and thanks. Ken from Northants

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Nov 2004 23:40

Viv Me too! nell

Stardust

Stardust Report 28 Nov 2004 10:42

Many thanks for the info. I printed it for old time sake as my childhood was spent in the pink strip between 9 and 5, plus so far all my rellies are lost somewhere in the map area, it doesn't look a very big area but trying to find them is like looking for the proverbial needle. It was also interesting to see about the accommodation, the prices are so reasonable for London accommodation, so all I have to do now is find a housekeepter for hubby and its London here I come. Grace R