Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Contacting someone on here

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 26 Nov 2004 16:18

There is a person I have contacted a few times as they have a relative I think is more than likely to be linked in our FH. (A very unusual name) They have never come back to me so I thought I would ask to look at their tree. I sent more than one request then a month or so later they requested to see my tree. Now whilst I am 100% sure there is a link, it's kind of unfair when they haven't had the decency to reply to even one of my e-mails.

Heather

Heather Report 26 Nov 2004 16:53

Do contact them. There may be a genuine reason why they havent been in touch - perhaps they dont use a pc every day or have been away. I hope you do find a good connection. Yesterday I met a distant cousin through this board, in person. He was absolutely lovely and we shared lots of info and paperwork which should help us both go back further.

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 26 Nov 2004 17:11

Hi Heather, That's why I kept trying for so long incase they didn't get the originals. However they managed to send me an e-mail requesting to view my tree. It wouldn't have hurt to reply to my request for confirmation that there's a link. I'll give it another go. Naomi x

Laurie

Laurie Report 26 Nov 2004 20:54

Had a similar thing happen to me, turned out they couldn't access my msg because they weren't paid up members or some such thing, stay cool, leave every door open - in the end were not responsible for the actions of others - only our own Laurie