Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do I order certificates from Staffordshire BMD

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 26 Nov 2004 15:57

Heather

Heather Report 26 Nov 2004 16:09

You can google for their Records Office and that should give you the info you need.

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 26 Nov 2004 16:11

Thanks Heather, Lucia :)

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 26 Nov 2004 17:12

When you say "Staffordshire BMD" I assume you mean: http://www.staffordshirebmd.org.uk/ If that's so, then all you do is to click on their reference (different format from GRO). It takes you to their application form which will be partially completed for the info you've searched on. And then you follow their instructions ... mainly to complete the filling-in, plus any extra corroborative info, add your fee-cheque and post off with an sae. The address is on the form. You'll find the service is at least as quick as GRO online - unless there's any problem with the post - but then that would also affect the delivery of the cert from GRO. good luck Christine

Heather

Heather Report 26 Nov 2004 17:17

Actually Christine, the ones I have ordered from local offices turn up within a week. Stupidly I ordered the last 2 from GRO and have been waiting over 2 weeks now.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 26 Nov 2004 18:08

HI LUCIA DO YOU LIVE CLOSE TO STAFFORDSHIRE, IF YOU DO A LOT OF THEM DO THE CERTS WHILE YOU WAIT, (ABOUT 10 MINS), ONLY WITH THE APPLICATION FORM OFF THE SITE, I DEAL WITH HANLEY A LOT, REGARDS JACKIE.

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 26 Nov 2004 18:40

I didn't know that about Staffs - I did try that, very recently, with W Midlands (Sandwell) but they said that historical certs aren't done over the counter - they expect at least a 24-hour turnaround. Christine

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 26 Nov 2004 23:50

Thanks for the tips everyone. I don't live anywhere near Staffordshire so I will have to send off for the certificate. Lucia