Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

NOVICE ALERT!! Pre 1837 Births

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tara

Tara Report 26 Nov 2004 09:45

I know this is a basic question, but wondered if you experienced ones could advice where do I search for births etc before 1837? Is there anywhere online, I know about the Latter Day Saints site. Help gratefully received! Tara

Linda

Linda Report 26 Nov 2004 09:55

Hi there You would have to search Old Parish Registers. Linda

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 26 Nov 2004 10:10

Hi, On the LDS site is a tab that says family history catalogue. Go to there and do a place name search of the parish you want. You will see what records have been filmed for the area of your interest. Make a note of the numbers of the films and go to any LDS centre where they will order them for a small fee and you can search them there. Gwynne

Tara

Tara Report 26 Nov 2004 13:18

Thank you! Tara