Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

what is emo

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deb

Deb Report 25 Nov 2004 22:07

i was searching for relatives in the bmd (births) and under he heading mothers maiden name it said emo, can anyone tell me what this means

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Nov 2004 22:08

I think it means the mother's maiden name (surname before she married) was Emo. There are over 3,000 entries with this surname on ancestry civil reg. nell

Deb

Deb Report 25 Nov 2004 22:17

i dont think it means mothers maiden name. i knew what the maiden name should have been

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Nov 2004 22:22

What is the rest of the info?

Deb

Deb Report 25 Nov 2004 22:31

henry meager b.1914 jul.aug.sep qtr mothers maiden name was langrish

Judith

Judith Report 25 Nov 2004 22:43

Afraid you'd have to buy the certificate to find out for sure but Emo is clearly in the maiden name column, not Langrish so either this is not your ancestor or the mother's name was not as you thought. Could be she had married before in which case the certificate should say something like "formerly Langrish, late Emo"

Judith

Judith Report 25 Nov 2004 22:45

Snap! Linda. You must have posted while I was slowly typing Judith

Deb

Deb Report 25 Nov 2004 23:01

thanks for your help just to let you know that i am researching my g.grandmother she was married before but i dont know to who she had about 9/10 children in the index some are langrish some are emo but in no paticular order v.confusing thanks again debbie