Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 Census Ireland... Need Help!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 24 Nov 2004 21:30

I'm trying to find someone who can look up some info on my irish roots ... can anyone help please?

Colette

Colette Report 25 Nov 2004 00:23

Hi Theresa i need a 1901 Look up too for my Grt Grandmother all i know is her name Mary Burns b 1885, one sister called Margaret and father called John. They lived in Limerick John was a farmer isnt it awful when you dont know whereabouts, i said to my mum why did you never ask youre nan were in Limerick she came from she said we never spoke about things like that. My Grt Gran Mary Burns came to Liverpool with her sister Margaret they were domestic servants in the Seaforth/Crosby areas. She married my Grt Grandad William Ralston in 1912. I have searched the 1901 England & Wales but no luck i dont recon she came here till she was 18 or 19 rumour has it. Can You Help Col xxxxxxxxxxx

Karen

Karen Report 25 Nov 2004 19:30

Colette Take a look a this web page http://home(.)att.net/~bristolman/1901_census(.)htm. Potential Mary Burns in Kilmurry parish. Mary is indicated as being 3, Margaret 2 but unfortunately father is indicated as being Henry :-( There is also a brother. Any chance this could be them? Does your mum recall a brother? With kind regards Karen