Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone ever had trouble like this.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pat

Pat Report 23 Nov 2004 14:24

Please read below. Thanks

Pat

Pat Report 23 Nov 2004 14:24

When I have had trouble finding any of my rellies its not normally because I cannot find any births marriages or deaths for their name it’s trying to sort out which one’s are mine. I have had trouble before with my Wilding lot but with great help from Crista found the right birth for Frederick Wilding born 1864 Quedgeley Gloucestershire. I sent away for his birth cert and it states: Father: Thomas Wilding Mother: Catharine Wilding formally Midwinter Informant: Thomas Wilding Quedgeley Reg District Gloucester Sub District South Hamlet In the County of Gloucester I have searched family history on line, LDS, Ancestry, and Free BMD I cannot find a marriage, birth or death for Catharine or Thomas . There are so few Midwinter’s I have checked any Midwinter’s with a first name from any part of the Country and still nothing. Could anyone suggest where I could look now? Sorry if I am rambling I wanted to put up as much info as possible. Any suggestions gratefully received. Pat x

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 23 Nov 2004 14:30

Have you found them on a census Pat? More often than not a couple tend to marry in the brides parish so if you know where Catharine was born via the census you could have a look at the parish register. Jeanette x

Pat

Pat Report 23 Nov 2004 14:48

Thanks Jeanette and Linda This is my problem I cannot find any census entries for Catharine Wilding (Midwinter), I just have this feeling she may have died as Frederick was not brought up by his parents. I found Frederick on later census living with another Gloucestershire family who may be related but there name is different. I am thinking Catharine and Thomas were born before 1837 so that could be a reason i cannot find anything on them, and they are not on baptismals on LDS. I am surprised there is no mention anywhere of other siblings for Frederick. Oh dear this is going to take a while to unravel unless I can get to check local records. I have a request on the Records board for Gloucestershire 1861 census lookups hoping they were married and living in Quedgeley area, but so far nothing has come up. fingers crossed. Thanks again, Pat x

Kim

Kim Report 23 Nov 2004 14:48

Neither freebmd ancestry or lds are complete, try 1837 online or the local register office near to where they were living , if they marrued there, that is...... good luck! Kim p.s just spent £28.00 on certs and 1837 online... oops!

Pat

Pat Report 23 Nov 2004 15:00

Thanks Linda Yes frustrating that is my frederick you found they put him down as visitor, next census he is a lodger. Frederick's daughter was brought up by that same couple so it seems likely they were related. What I cannot understand is there should be a marriage somewhere, as that would be well into 1837 is this birth is 1864. Kim did the same for the past two weeks spent a lot of dosh on certs money is dwindling as well. I know those places are not complete but I thought I would try other people's opinion before going through years on 1837 as I have just done a 10year search for another person and got nothing. Pat x

Pat

Pat Report 23 Nov 2004 15:10

Linda Where did you see that marriage? I cannot find it. Oops just seen your new post, blimey totally missed that one I will go and have a look now. Thanks Linda Pat x

Pat

Pat Report 23 Nov 2004 15:20

Linda I am sure that's her death she probably died when Frederick was born the date on the cert is 13th January 1864 Thomas was informant (which often means the woman is poorly I have found from other certs), the date there is 15th February 1864. All being the same qtr as the death. Oh poor thing, but still cannot find any reference to a marriage, maybe its just on the local, but I may just fork out for 1837 for ten years before her death, starting with 1863 and working back. Many thanks for that Linda, that's something to check up on. I have Ancestry can you give me an idea where you found that marriage? Many thanks for your help, my mind was just a blank earlier. Pat x

Pat

Pat Report 23 Nov 2004 15:39

Many thanks for everything Linda You have me going down the right road definetely. I cannot understand how I missed that death, I am positive its her, I am sending for the cert later. I am now going to check 1837 for both marriages, I am keeping fingers and toes crossed, and maybe I can send for a marriage cert as well. Many many thanks, very much appreciated. oh by the way I reckon all those Wildings in Gloucestershire are belonging to my tribe, reckon George Wilding with all the kids and a very young wife is Thomas's father, age fits he probably married twice as well, his young wife married after his death too, god they were like rabbits LOL. Pat x

Pat

Pat Report 23 Nov 2004 15:59

Thanks again Linda, Notice on other threads you have been busy, you must enjoy. My headache has just been lifted. Yes another child related death, the same thing happened my grandmother and that was in the 1930's. Terrible shame. Take care, Pat x

Helen

Helen Report 23 Nov 2004 16:50

try this link http://www(.)ukbmd(.)org(.)uk/index.php If you type Glos. into the county search box it brings up some links to rootsweb transcriptions of 1851 census which may be of some help.

Kim

Kim Report 23 Nov 2004 18:13

Pat, if its any consolation I started with the one marriage I knew had taken place in the 1860s John Pursey to Mary Ann Harwood its not on lds,ancestry or 1837 online and they didn't marry in the wifes parrish or where they ended up living. I think some of the GRo recrds for the 1860 marriages must be incomplete as this marriage is nowhere to be found , only been looking for it for 18 months now!! Just so you don't feel too isolated!! Kim

Star

Star Report 23 Nov 2004 18:53

Pat i have sent you 2 e-mails( had to do it that way) with info which hopefully will help you, re Thomas Wilding and Catherine Midwinter. Really hope it does help. Cherry

Pat

Pat Report 23 Nov 2004 19:19

Well I don't know what to say. I should know better than be so stunned and speechless (so out of character, to be speechless that is). but again the tips board has done so much to get me back on track. I am thrilled with all your help and the time you have taken over this it's really good to have people to count on when you are feeling down and useless. Headache is well gone and I am feeling SOooooo good. Many Many Thanks All. I shall leave you all in peace now. LOL. Pat x