Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Grrrr.... Missing Images on Ancestry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

www.Siouxhealer

www.Siouxhealer Report 23 Nov 2004 10:33

Has anyone else had much of a problem with missing images on Ancestry? I suppose I'll have to be patient, but over the last few days I've come across a fair few missing images. The details are there, so they must be having to rescan the originals and submit them again. It's such a wind up, when I've nearly got complete sets for families then I come across a missing one :( Sioux

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 23 Nov 2004 10:40

Do you keep getting 'Error Processing Request' when you click on 'view image'. I've had this quite a lot lately. I think it just means they haven't got round to putting the images on yet. Kath. x

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 23 Nov 2004 10:41

im having the same problem aswell. wonder why they are missing:( susie

Sam

Sam Report 23 Nov 2004 10:42

I agree -I got so excited when Staffordshire 1871 got put onto Ancestry only to find that none of the images are there yet - (not the ones I want anyway) I have printed off the details but now will have to keep checking every now and again to see if the images are there yet! Sam

www.Siouxhealer

www.Siouxhealer Report 23 Nov 2004 10:53

Yup it seems to be 1871 that has the worst problems. I just get a large question mark and underneath it says image missing :( Sioux

Rachel

Rachel Report 24 Nov 2004 19:12

Yes, I had the error processing message when I was using it last week, the frustrating thing was that it happened three times in a row on census images I really wanted to view and I was using pay for view credits which ran out the next day. I don't know why they just can't tell you if the image is not available instead of telling you to come back later. It also seems practically impossible to get in touch with them, all you get is an auto reply if you report a problem.

Jane

Jane Report 24 Nov 2004 20:43

Did you know that if you click on the persons name instead of view image, it gives you the choice to view the household...... at least it puts me out of my misery for the time being !! Jane