Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

IGI query

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 22 Nov 2004 17:27

I am considering buying some IGI microfiche records but need to make sure that I am not wasting my money. Does anyone know if the IGI is available to purchase on CD Rom and whether the information contained on them is any different to the LDS information that I would not have to pay for? Thanks. Karen

Sylvie

Sylvie Report 22 Nov 2004 17:30

Karen As far as I know the IGI filches are the same as the infromation you can get free on line from the Family History Search Site (Latter Day Saints). My Local Family History Society also keeps the filches - perhaps yours does? Sylvie

Karen

Karen Report 22 Nov 2004 17:34

Sylvie Thanks for the super quick response The information is actually related to Ireland which I don't think is readily available at all the centres. I also don't tend to have much time to physically visit the centres and normally end up researching when I get a spare half hour or so. I thought my own records may make it easier (and also more expensive ) for me. Karen