Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

can I update my family tree without deleting it al

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 21 Nov 2004 21:47

I keep the main and most uptodate version of my tree somewhere other than GenesReunited. I need to update the version on the GR site. How can I do this? Seems that the only way is to either a) labouriously add the information in by hand or b) delete whole lot (except me) and then import the most upto date version. Any offers that will save my time and patience gratefully received. Liz

BrianW

BrianW Report 21 Nov 2004 21:58

Yep, those are your two options. Personally, I update by hand.

Jan

Jan Report 21 Nov 2004 22:00

I deleted mine two days ago and uploaded the latest version. It didn't take very long at all. And really the bonus was not having to type it all again. Can take a while apparently if your tree is enormous or the site is running slowly. I think it was worth it. Good luck. Jan