Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP with my computer PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hazel

Hazel Report 21 Nov 2004 16:42

I know somebody out there is a computer expert - I'm not! Since yesterday, the web pages I copied, pasted and saved into Word (e.g.1881 Census Household page) have turned into (I think) html script - the first time this has happened - and, even worse, today the Italian to English translation I am working on (in Word) has done a similar thing. The font has changed and the hyperlinks have all gone haywire - and I have to consign it tomorrow!! Can anyone point me in the right direction please?????!! Thanks in advance Hazel

Jean

Jean Report 21 Nov 2004 17:43

Sorry I don't know but giving this a nudge up the board as I am interested in the answer too!! I did something like that and didn't know what I had done wrong. Let's hope there some clever people reading the messages. I really hope you can sort it soon, It sounds VERY important Good luck, Jean

Hazel

Hazel Report 21 Nov 2004 19:05

Hi Barbara! Now, I know this sounds strange, but after a short break I went back to my translation and - lo and behold - it was back to normal! I then went back to my downloads, or rather copies, and they too were back to normal!. Last night they drove me crazy - only one of five was still in 'web' format! Has anything like this happened to you? If so, how can one avoid it?! Thanks Hazel

Hazel

Hazel Report 21 Nov 2004 19:28

Hi Barbara! I take it all back!!! I have emailed you separately as my translation is up the spout again! Thanks Hazel