Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

No results from Ancestry Plus????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Norman

Norman Report 20 Nov 2004 22:35

When using the Ancestry site (using the passwords from this board) I am only getting results up to about 1905. When I feed in names/events that I am 100% certain of (i.e. my own birth and marriage) I receive the message "nothing found" What am I doing wrong??? Thanks Norman

Norman

Norman Report 20 Nov 2004 22:49

Thanks Johnathon....... Still non the wiser though!!! I am clicking on the line that says "England and Wales Civil Reg. Index 1837-1983" and on "England and Wales Death Index 1984-1992" I would have expected the results to fall within the dates stated. Or have I got it wrong???? Norman

Norman

Norman Report 20 Nov 2004 23:39

Thanks for that info. I already use 1837. I thought Ancestry looked like a quicker way of finding the info. But, as I frequently discover, quick ways of finding info do not appear to exist!!! Thanks Norman