Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

driving me mad...please help !!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sean and  Ray

Sean and Ray Report 19 Nov 2004 21:19

Please could anyone help me with a problem as its driving me mad………. Managed to find my gg granddads birth certificate…details as follows PATRICK ROONEY BORN 1869 SCOTSTOWN co MONAGHAN , FATHER PATRICK ROONEY , MOTHER ELLEN MCKENNA Was really exited that I found this out…I knew he had brothers and sisters so I carried on researching and I found this…. JAMES ROONEY BORN 1865 SCOTSTOWN CO MONAGHAN , FATHER AND MOTHER THE SAME…. BRIDGET ROONEY BORNS SCOTSTOWN CO MONAGHAN 1871,FATHER AND MOTHER THE SAME…. So I thought …..yippee I have found his brother and sister…then I found out Patrick and ellen were married in 1870… so would they have had children before they were married?,,,I got all this info of the morman website …church of the latter day saints…a lot of there dates have the following << >> between them…does this mean they are not sure of the exact date?… If you were me..would you presume you had found his brother and sister or would you be suspicious?…please give me your comments…was excited a week ago , now feeling rather deflated…L sean

Heather

Heather Report 19 Nov 2004 21:27

Hi Sean, it probably is genuine, but the only way to be sure is to double check yourself and then you will feel satisfied they are your ancestors.

Alison

Alison Report 19 Nov 2004 22:05

Have you seen the British Isles Vital Index? In case you haven't there is a Mary Rooney 11 August 1867 Film number 101152 and a Catherine Rooney 8 February 1874 Film number 255895, in the civil registrations for the same couple. The marks you mentioned in you message probably denote that the information has been put on the IGI by a church member. Good luck with you search