Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

finding addresses

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Nov 2004 20:52

Does anyone know how I can find out who lived at a certain address at a particular time. I am trying to find the names of my grandparents on my mother's side. I know the date my Mother was born (1909) and where she lived before she was married (presumably with her parents). I have little other info. so don't know how else to find out my grandparents' names to be able to continue my research. Also, I have the year my parents were married but not the day or month. Is this enough info. to get a copy of their marriage certificate which will probably give me her address and the name of her father?

www.Siouxhealer

www.Siouxhealer Report 19 Nov 2004 21:18

Hi Diane, It's always best to start with what you know and work backwards from there. You have your mothers birth date, so you send off for her birth certificate (presuming you don't have a copy already?) that should tell you her parents names and give the place where they were living when she was born. As far as tracking your parents marriage, you can enter the details you have on the www(.)1837online(.).com site remove the brackets. You should only have to look through the 4 quarters of the year they got married to track down their entry. If you think you've located the correct one with the female name you can cross reference it by checking the same date and quarter with the male name. Once you have their marriage you can get the certificate this should give you their ages so you can roughly work out their birth years and also their respective fathers names so you can begin looking further back. Hope that makes sense. Good luck Sioux

Twinklestar

Twinklestar Report 19 Nov 2004 21:48

DID YOUR MUM HAVE YOUNGER BROTHERS OR SISTERS PRHAPES YOU CAN CHK 1901 CENSUS IF SHE DID TRACY