Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

2 Users 1 Family Tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gavin

Gavin Report 18 Nov 2004 16:18

Maybe somebody here can help me. There are 2 of us working on the Jolley tree and we both maintain our own trees on our private PC (swapping files when needed) however we would like to use one tree online as I live in Europe and he lives in Australia. Is there anyway that I can give him access to modify my tree, preferable with a record showing who did the modification.

Anne

Anne Report 18 Nov 2004 16:24

I should have thought that if the two of you pretend to be one person ie. one name and one password there should be no problem!!! The main problem would be whose name and who pays!! Anne

Russell

Russell Report 18 Nov 2004 16:24

Hello Gavin, Probably the best way of doing it is via tribalpages. You can add your GEDCOM to the site and set an admin password which you both can use. Once on the site, the tree can be updated online and the GEDCOM downloaded at any time. In addition to the GEDCOM facility, you can add photos etc.. It is a wonderful site tribalpages*com NB (*=.) All the best Russell PS The site is free!

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Nov 2004 16:25

Hi Gavin, I'm not one of the more experienced people on here, but how about if you put your tree here on GR, then gave him your password. He would then be able to access and add to your tree etc, and perhaps you could put the name of who made the amendment in the notes box which comes at the bottom of the individual person's information? Mandy :)

www.Siouxhealer

www.Siouxhealer Report 18 Nov 2004 17:17

I think it's only the first 10Mb free on Tribal Pages. They've just begun charging. If you want to store lots of pictures etc with your tree that bumps up the size which affects the price. You should be ok if it's just basic tree details. Sioux