Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Information on Kings Dragoon Guards 1901 Hampshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Katrina

Katrina Report 18 Nov 2004 03:04

George Penney 19 was found in 1901 census First Kings Dragoon Guards and Imperial Yeomanry Wellington Lines Hampshire. I am trying to find information about these Guards and if they fought in any war? Also a lists of deaths in case George Penney was killed at war Many thanks katrina

Heather

Heather Report 18 Nov 2004 09:09

Hi there, try the National Archives Website. You should be able to check on line if he has a medals card and get any refs you need to order his army record. Good luck.

Rachel

Rachel Report 18 Nov 2004 22:35

Try looking the regiment up on www.regiments(.)org (remove brackets). It contains lots of info on british regiments including which campaigns they fought in. I found it useful for finding where one of my ancestors may have been posted to. Rachel