Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please help - I'm stuck!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Candy

Candy Report 17 Nov 2004 21:10

Our David Tull, was born 23.12.1764 at Padworth Hatch nr Aldermaston, bapt 16.1.1765 at Newbury Independent Chapel and died 28.3.1850 at Mortimer West. I am trying to ascertain more info about his parents John Tull & Mary surname unknown. Several of our Tull's were from the Mortimer & Tadley areas. So far I've found these 5 couples, as possible parents for David, on the IGI online but not linked them to David yet. John TULL m. Mary BATCHELOR 31.5.1756 Tadley (no children in the Tadley records for this couple). John TULL m. Mary MISSING 2.8.1763 St Mary's Portsea, Hants. John TULL m. Mary EADES 10 May 1763 Liddington Wilts. John TULL m. Mary ? 1748 Thatcham, Berks. John TULL m. Mary ? 6 Oct 1745 Wantage, Berks. I can't get much access to English records where I live in Australia. Thanks in advance. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Kind regards, Candy

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Nov 2004 21:17

Emma You really need to check out the original parish registers, which can only be done at the local records office. As you are in Oz, you can put a request on the Records Office Board in the hope that someone going there can check for you, or you can contact the records office and see if they will undertake some research for you - I think most places charge about £18 per hour. nell

Rosalind in Madeira

Rosalind in Madeira Report 17 Nov 2004 21:23

Emma, so you have an LDS Family History Centre near you, you would then be able to hire the films you need Ros

Candy

Candy Report 17 Nov 2004 21:34

Hi Nell, Thanks for your reply. We've got David's birth/baptism parish records but how would I find his parents? I don't know which parish records to look at. His parent may have been married in a different parish to where he was born. Regards, Candy

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Nov 2004 21:40

Emma You are soooo right. That's why I've stopped going back past about 1790 when I can still be reasonably sure that I have the right people. nell

Candy

Candy Report 18 Nov 2004 20:11

Hi Everyone, Thanks for your ideas. I'll put it on the Records Office Board. Cheers, Candy