Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

who is his mother?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jody

Jody Report 17 Nov 2004 16:42

i am trying to find my great - grandfathers parents. i have found him on free BMD and he married Sarah Jenkinson in 1892 but i cannot find him for definate anywhere else. i think i may of found him in 1881 census as a blacksmith apprentice lodging at someones house. (on my grandmothers marriage certificate it shows her father as a blacksmith) if it is him it states he is 17. how else can i find out wo his parents are?

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Nov 2004 16:45

Does he have a name? Don't assume the 17-year-old is him, unless it is a very unusual name. His father's name will be on his marriage cert to Sarah, and both his parents' names will be on his birth cert. You can use his father's name as a checking point when ordering his cert, or you can look for him with his father on an earlier census. nell

Jody

Jody Report 17 Nov 2004 16:47

stupid me!!! his name is THOMAS IRVING!!! sorry!!!!

Zoe

Zoe Report 17 Nov 2004 17:05

Sarah have you found him or sarah in any census' yet? Zoe

Jody

Jody Report 17 Nov 2004 17:06

ive found them in the 1901 census and i think i found him in the 1881 census but lodging with some family.

Zoe

Zoe Report 17 Nov 2004 17:18

natalie Can you post details of what you have found for them in 1901 i.e. ages, place of birth, occupations, so that we can see if we can track them down prior to the marriage in 1892. Zoe

Jody

Jody Report 17 Nov 2004 17:21

Thomas - born 1864 workington, cumberland Sarah - born 1874 moor row, cumberland living at nixon buildings, dearham, cumberland. 4 children - sarah jane - 1895 dearham, cumberland Joseph - 1897 dearham, cumberland James - 1898 dearham, cumberland John thomas - 1899 dearham, cumberland thomas was a blaacksmith

Zoe

Zoe Report 17 Nov 2004 17:27

in 1891 he is lodging in William Street Dearham, cumbria with a family called WIlkinson Wilkinson, Mark 65 Shrelkeld, Cumberland Head Dearham Cumberland - coal miner Wilkinson, Jane 58 Dearham, Cumberland Wife Dearham Cumberland Wilkinson, Elizabeth 32 Dearham, Cumberland Daughter Dearham Cumberland Wilkinson, Frances J 18 Dearham, Cumberland Daughter Dearham Cumberland Wilkinson, Hannah 20 Dearham, Cumberland Daughter Dearham Cumberland - dressmaker Wilkinson, John 30 Dearham, Cumberland Son Dearham Cumberland - joiner Wilkinson, Thomas 9 Dearham, Cumberland Grandson Dearham Cumberland Wilkinson, William 1.12 Dearham, Cumberland Grandson Dearham Cumberland Irving, Thomas 28 Workington, Cumberland Lodger Dearham Cumberland - blacksmith