Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

LDS Problem?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 17 Nov 2004 14:34

Is anyone else having problems getting onto the LDS site today? I have been trying all day and keep getting a message saying it is not available.

Nantwich

Nantwich Report 17 Nov 2004 14:54

Hi Angela, I've just got in and had no problem getting on LDS. I've a spare 10 mins r u looking for anything in particular or were you going just for "a potter"!!?? Sarah

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 17 Nov 2004 15:00

Are you looking at the 1881 census.They are doing maintenance

Angela

Angela Report 17 Nov 2004 15:36

Thanks for the offer but I was just trying to have a general potter for a few things. Perhaps I will be able to get in tomorrow.

BrianW

BrianW Report 17 Nov 2004 15:49

I've had problems with the census for weeks.

Nanna Gaynor  (June nr Preston's Daughter)

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 17 Nov 2004 15:53

Yup I've been experiencing probs this afternoon... have been getting this message.......... Search is unavailable due to maintenance. SEA-011 - damned nuisance!

Pat

Pat Report 17 Nov 2004 16:00

Me too, If anyone is looking for somewhere else to check 1881 census family history on line has the same info as LDS. I like this site a lot I use it for lots of things, some of the stuff you have to pay per view and cost a few pence but the 1881 census is FREE. You will have to log in to use the site, only takes a couple of minutes. http://www.familyhistoryonline(.)net/ Please remember to remove the brackets. Pat x

Nantwich

Nantwich Report 17 Nov 2004 16:00

Me again!! I must be lucky am using LDS 1881 census with no probs!! Sarah

Ann

Ann Report 17 Nov 2004 18:06

No problems using this site today. Must be the way your holding your mouth or mouse. : -) Keep trying. Ann