Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Index for certificates

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacquelyn

Jacquelyn Report 16 Nov 2004 13:30

Hi, Can anybody tell me of a way to get certificate indices online? Im not having much luck with BMD ( always busy) . I only have sketchy information and want to have a good root round!. Its for various events between 1860 and 1910. I cant get to London very easily now to view the big books!! thankyou , Jacqui

Heather

Heather Report 16 Nov 2004 13:47

I guess it will have to be 1837 online - pay per view, quite expensive if you are just looking around. You need to have a very good idea of the dates or it will cost a fortune.

Anne

Anne Report 16 Nov 2004 13:49

You could see the same information as the big books in London in your nearest large library, record office or family history centre (Mormon). They will be on microfiche or film and are readily available to search for free. Anne

Jacquelyn

Jacquelyn Report 16 Nov 2004 13:57

Thanks Heather and Anne... I'll save up my pennies for 1837online...and I didnt know other places had copies! I'll find my nearest library that has copies!

Maud

Maud Report 16 Nov 2004 14:02

Hi, If you supply full details of what you know, name dates etc let me know and I will see if I can find any info for you on Ancestry (I have a subscription) you can e mail me with details if you wish at the following number [email protected]