Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Genuki

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 15 Nov 2004 23:37

I can't access it either from favs or from seach anyone else having problems?????

John

John Report 16 Nov 2004 01:25

Looks like it's have a sleep/upgrade.

Sue

Sue Report 16 Nov 2004 18:55

It's working now. Not the search engine though :o( Sue

Joy

Joy Report 16 Nov 2004 22:09

Unreachable, it says. First time I've known that for GENUKI. Joy

Margaret

Margaret Report 16 Nov 2004 22:39

Ive just got in at http://www.genuki.org.uk/ have they changed the addy cause I thought it was co(.)uk not org.uk Margaret

Martin

Martin Report 16 Nov 2004 23:05

There is a notice on the info page. http://www.ofhs.org.uk/genuki.info/ There was a fire at Manchester University yesterday, my ISP had problems and I suspect that others were affected. It sounds as if GENUKI might also be hosted there. MB

Sue

Sue Report 17 Nov 2004 10:48

Just got this from Genuki site. This information was last updated on Wednesday 17 November 2004 at 0920 GMT Wednesday am - the core GENUKI pages are available again but are being delivered from another server, one that was being prepared for service in a few weeks time. There may be some oddities in the copy currently available! Please note too that there is not yet a search facility on the new server, this will be restored as soon as possible but that may not be until next week. Monday 15 Nov 2004 (pm) - the core pages of GENUKI (i.e. those on www.genuki.org.uk itself) are currently at risk following a power cut and the failure of several disks (that had been running non-stop for several years). Sue