Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

criminal records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

helenbell

helenbell Report 15 Nov 2004 07:21

hi all, i have just discovered an aunt of mine committed an illegal offence/offences how can i find out more sounds awfull i know but i am intrigued to find out 1, is it true 2 what was the outcome, my aunt died in 1968 thanks for any help you can give me

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 15 Nov 2004 07:30

Hi, You need a date before you can get much further. I've had some success looking in local papers for articles about "newsworthy" events. Gwynne

helenbell

helenbell Report 15 Nov 2004 08:51

Thanks Gwynneth, i have no dates at all, i only found out about it the other day from a cousin and she didnt know much either, i think its something the family wanted to keep under wraps and theres no one left to ask, thanks anyway Gwynneth for your reply

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 15 Nov 2004 09:11

You could try the "Black Sheep Index" at this site: http://www.lightage.demon(.)co.uk/ ... found one of mine on there. You have to send away for the report though, this is just an index. Richard