Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GRO Sent Me Wrong Certificate - W. Smith

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 14 Nov 2004 23:40

And do you have mine!! I've been sent the birth of William Smith, June qt 1862, son of George & Louisa, reg district Evesham. I've emailed GRO to tell them and as yet have heard nothing and couldn't get an answer by phone. I'm missing the birth of Gerturde Heise in 1859. I think there's just been a muddle as the application numbers of the two are very similar. Does William belong to anyone out there?

Pat

Pat Report 15 Nov 2004 01:41

Karen, Havent got mine yet so maybe yours is with mine? Anyway I find it much better to ring the GRO they are most helpful and if they have sent you the wrong one they are very apologetic and prompt to respond. Hope this is helpful. Pat x

Karen

Karen Report 15 Nov 2004 08:09

Hi Pat, Hope you get yours soon - I'll try ringing again but the lines have been very busy probably due to the extra workload at present. Must be chaos in Southport - can just imagine their reaction to seeing the BBC programme advertised!

Trouble

Trouble Report 15 Nov 2004 08:32

I ordered some certs from GRO a few weeks ago and they were posted 4 days after application. I ordered some more yesterday and they have a notice on the front page saying due to increase demand etc, certs taking 6 days, but when I actually ordered online it stated 9 days!! I imagine that if you mention the BBC in the GRO it must be like a red flag to a bull!!