Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP !! Did I order the wrong Family Tree MAker??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 14 Nov 2004 07:06

I have just order the Family Tree Maker 2005 from Ancestry. Not long after I remebered that Ancestry is American. Is there an English version & an American version of tree maker??? Because all my ancestors are from England. HAVE I DONE THE WRONG THING?????

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 14 Nov 2004 07:54

Hi, I have an early version of it before they did a UK one and I manage fine. You can create your own facts in the facts section, which I have done. Email me when it gets to you if you need any help. I love it. Gwynne

Heather

Heather Report 14 Nov 2004 10:04

No, Im sure you will be alright with that. I got mine through the ancestry website and its fine. Actually I had an update when I logged on to it recently so perhaps they have already added some refinements.

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 14 Nov 2004 10:27

that's great... my husband is already on the warpath because of the amount of money I spend on these trees. I'd hate to have the wrong version & not be able to use it properly. !! yikes