Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Music Hall Artists

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nicole

Nicole Report 12 Nov 2004 21:12

Music Hall Performers. Searching for information on my paternal grandmother. Her given name was Phoebe ELizabeth Hoy, later Fox. She was born around 1892 and died around 1925, possibly of leukaemia. She was resident at 17 Coleridge Road WALTHAMSTOW in 1917 when my father George was born and her husband was George Alexander Fox. She also had a daughter. I understand that she may have had the stage name Lily... but cant be sure of that. She suffered from tinitus and was partial to gin. Any ideas or information would be good. Thanks Nicole

Pat

Pat Report 12 Nov 2004 21:36

Nicole, I don't know if its of any help to you but this is a very good site about old Music Hall and British Actors of the turn of the Century, if the website doesnt have anything maybe you can contact the site and ask advice. http://www.roguesandvagabonds(.)co(.)uk/Links/hist_links(.)html please remove brackets. Sorry I cannot think of anything else at the moment. Good Luck Pat x

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 12 Nov 2004 22:32

Hello Just out of interest I did a copy-and-paste and put "Phoebe ELizabeth Hoy" into Google. It came up with two links: Firstly - Hoy gravestones Secondly - a ref to probably your Phoebe ELizabeth Hoy on a tree posted by Gary Welker have a look for yourself?? good hunting! Christine

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 12 Nov 2004 22:35

It seems to be part of: Robert Tanner's Family History Christine