Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I need to find a birth in 1827

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 11 Nov 2004 10:21

Does anyone know how i would go about this? Im trying to find the parents of my Samuel Raybould born Stourbridge Staffs in this year. I know the father is a Richard Raybould as he is stated on Samuels marriage cert. I live in Yorkshire so i cant get to Staffordshire to look at any parish records. Is there any other way? Regards, Claire

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 11 Nov 2004 10:26

Hi Claire Have you tried Googling the name to see if he appears in anyone elses family tree? Also some areas have online parish clerks who are willing to do look ups. Try googling Staffordhire OPC and see if anything comes up. Also there are the family history societies who may be able to help. Failing that why not put a shout out on the Records Office Baord and see if anyone is going to the local records office. Jeanette x

Heather

Heather Report 11 Nov 2004 10:32

Hi, I just had a quick look at familysearch site and there are dozens of Richard Rayboulds born in Staffordshire on the IGI - best if you look through them yourself!

Heather

Heather Report 11 Nov 2004 10:35

Is this the family in 1881? Name Relation Marital Status Gender Age Birthplace Occupation Disability Richard RAYBOLD Head M Male 57 Gornal Coal Miner Mary RAYBOLD Wife M Female 47 Gornal Wood Christopher RAYBOLD Son U Male 21 Gornal Wood Coal Miner Silvester RAYBOLD Son U Male 17 Bloxwich, Stafford, England Coal Miner Mary Ann RAYBOLD Daur U Female 15 Bloxwich, Stafford, England William RAYBOLD Son Male 11 Bloxwich, Stafford, England Scholar Samuel RAYBOLD Son Male 10 Bloxwich, Stafford, England Scholar Thomas RAYBOLD Son Male 8 Bloxwich, Stafford, England Scholar Rachel RAYBOLD Daur Female 6 Bloxwich, Stafford, England Scholar -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Information: Dwelling 20 Wolverhampton St Census Place Walsall Foreign, Stafford, England Family History Library Film 1341675 Public Records Office Reference RG11 Piece / Folio 2821 / 120 Page Number 33

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 11 Nov 2004 10:44

Hi to All, I will try the googling option i think and keep plodding along. The 1881 family are not them, samuel was born 1827 so Richard i think would be born late 1700's to early 1800's. Best Regards Claire

Heather

Heather Report 11 Nov 2004 10:48

Well, there are a number of Richards on the familysearch site which would meet that date - check them out.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 11 Nov 2004 10:50

Just another thought Claire! There is usually somebody on the records office board offering NVRI look ups. You could try asking them to have a look. It's not a complete record but worth a try Jeanette x

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 11 Nov 2004 10:52

i will give all these suggestions a go and hopefully he will pop up somewhere. Thanks again Claire

Sean

Sean Report 11 Nov 2004 16:58

Hi Claire I have the CD-ROM of St Mary Oldswinford parish registers, but they only go up to 1813. I found a Richard s. of Michael & Susanna Raybould baptised Jul 12 1778. Oldswinford is in the Stourbridge 'area' - there are numerous Rayboulds on the disc. Let me know if you want any look ups. See also http://www.bmsgh.org/ for Worcestershire look-ups Regards Sean

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 11 Nov 2004 17:17

Thank you very much for your kind offer Sean. At the moment i am very much stuck with Samuel born 1827. Its only because if his marriage cert that i know the father is Richard. I did find a possible baptism date on IGI for Samuel in 1826 but that was in Brierly Hill. The father is a Richard though. If its him, the mother is a Mary. Best Regards Claire