Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Which census for Canning Town?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynne

Lynne Report 11 Nov 2004 09:23

Hello all Can anyone tell me which census to look at in 1891 for Canning Town, London? From Genuki it would appear to be Essex. Is this right? Lynne

Anna

Anna Report 11 Nov 2004 09:32

yeah is 1891 it was in the civil parish of West Ham,Essex.( I looked on ancestry) I used to live just along the road in Beckton up until a a couple of yeras ago and now its in East London,but not too far from the Essex border Anna :-)

Lynne

Lynne Report 11 Nov 2004 09:38

Hi Anna Thanks for that. All of my ancestors are from Scotland so far and I have about six born in England that I can't find anything about. Got a letter from my Dad's family yesterday written in 1892 in Canning Town with adress on so I am going to try and find out what I can about the author. Lynne