Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Living Relative - is there any help available

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Georgina

Georgina Report 11 Nov 2004 00:53

Hi, I am trying to find a half sister. My father was married to a Marion Gentry in 1939 and they had a daughter Valerie Marion Homewood. I cannot find a record of her birth at FRO. He joined up with my mother at some time between 1945 and 1950. Where else could I look. Georgina

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 11 Nov 2004 04:07

Have you looked through the marriage index, to see if she got married? If she was born say early '40s, you could probably start say 1960 and work through to 1983. You can do this on 1837online or at the library. After 1983, the records are computerised, and there's no Valerie Marion Homewood marriages after that date (I already checked for you). Richard

Georgina

Georgina Report 20 Nov 2004 18:48

Hi Richard, You kindly responded to my request for advice and I missed your reply. With a few problems here I have only just got back to my family tree research. Many thanks for the advice which I will certainly follow and thanks for checking the more recent records. Georgina