Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Death record??????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emma

Emma Report 10 Nov 2004 21:29

Can anyone tell me if i can look for death records for 1906? I cant use 1837 as i have run out of units! Looking for death of Ellen Lamb, sunderland/co durham she died giving birth to my great gran, she left 8 children, tragic.

lulabelle

lulabelle Report 10 Nov 2004 21:34

Hi Emma, Do you know the area she died in and I'll have a look on 1837 for you Louise

Emma

Emma Report 10 Nov 2004 21:36

Thankyou, it was sunderland, i think it comes under co durham

Carol

Carol Report 10 Nov 2004 21:42

The only ones I can find in 1906 are Ellen Lambs aged 69 and 73. Obviously not yours.

Emma

Emma Report 10 Nov 2004 21:44

ok, never mind,another brick wall!!! Thankyou so much for looking, i do apriciate it (cant spell!)

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 10 Nov 2004 22:17

Hi, Emma Keep an eye on the list of Local BMD site on http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/. At the moment Sunderland isn't there, but they do have: Darlington, Durham, Newcastle, & Tees as well as Yorkshire, Lancashire, Cheshire, Staffordshire and a number of others further south (and into Wales). The local sites are pretty good: free, searchable, and you get a link to a partially completed application form from their ref. You just have to complete it and post it off with the standard fee (same as GRO). The advantage is that they have the source data for GRO, so it's one transcription less. I find the service is at least as fast as GRO-online. Cheers Christine