Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birth registration confusion - Please help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nichola

Nichola Report 10 Nov 2004 15:09

I am trying to trace my grandmothers fathers birth certificate to find information of his family. His name is Sidney Sage and he died in 1974 aged 84. According to his death certificate his birth date was 26 August 1890 in Norwich. I have searched 1837online and cannot find any birth registrations for the Norwich area. The only ones I can find between 1887 - 1892 are Jan-Marc 1888 Sidney James (2a) Apr-Jun 1888 Sidney Edward R (6a) Jul-Sept 1891 Sidney Charles (5c or 6c) I understand the district code for Norwich is 4b. I have requested his marriage certificate and his father is only stated as Sage deceased. The only thing my grandmother knows about her fathers family is that he was born in Norwich and his parents died when he was aged about 11. Apparently he lived with his sister then ran away to join the forces. Any help appreciated as I cannot seem to even locate him on the 1901 census. Nicky

Pat

Pat Report 10 Nov 2004 16:05

Nichola Have you got Ancestry? If not I can take a look for you. Pat x

Nichola

Nichola Report 10 Nov 2004 16:34

Thanks for your replies: It has been suggested that because I cannot find a birth registration for the Norfolk district under the name of Sidney Sage that possibly his name was as stated below for the right year and district. Name: Sage, Alfred Sydney Record Type: Births Quarter: December Year: 1890 District: Guiltcross County: Norfolk Volume: 4b Page: 219 1901 census has Alfred aged 10 with Emily aged 49. Both are listed as born Kenninghall I can't see him on 1891, and this is the only Emily Sage, Emily 42 Kenninghall, Norfolk Servant Kenninghall Norfolk. I dont have ancestry. Nicky

Pat

Pat Report 10 Nov 2004 17:05

Nichola I have them on 1891 if you mail me your addy I have saved the image. Emily Sage 42 House Keeper b. Kenninghall Alfred 7months? b. Kenninghall Living in Royal Church Inn Pat x