Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Brickwall

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emma

Emma Report 7 Nov 2004 14:18

Hi can anyone please help me?? I am stuck with my great grandmother. I have her marriage cert to Albert Alfred Charman in lambeth May 1926, she gave birth to my grandmother 2 months earlier. Then i have her death cert for17 october 1961 (she was found dead on the24th) 10 guilford road south lambeth. Swhy cant i find her birth, or who her mother was????? Any clues?????

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 7 Nov 2004 14:21

Hi Emma, Where have you looked? Gwynne

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Nov 2004 14:26

What is her age on the death cert? Would she have been alive on the 1901 census? nell

Emma

Emma Report 7 Nov 2004 14:36

I have tried just typing her name in to google, i have tried Lambeth records, message boards,1837 and more. Not tried 1901 census as of yet as they wont accept my card so have got to get viewing card! She was born in 1895.

Emma

Emma Report 7 Nov 2004 14:45

Ohhh after all that i didnt say her name!!! ( still asleep!) Her name was Winifred Wynn, i think her middle name was Kathleen.

Emma

Emma Report 7 Nov 2004 15:02

I think her father was william, her mothers name wasnt on the birth cert, i would love to find out who she was as it was adream of my nans (winifreds daughter) to find out about her family. Sadly she passed away in april and never achieved this so i am trying on her behalf.

Emma

Emma Report 7 Nov 2004 15:14

Just dug out the marriage cert it says her father was william wynn and he was an actor! He was dead at the time of marriage.

Emma

Emma Report 7 Nov 2004 16:13

Thankyou for looking for me.

Kim

Kim Report 7 Nov 2004 16:26

So how old was Winifred at death perhaps we can find out from that. she could have been illegitimate andregistered under a different surname. Kim

Emma

Emma Report 7 Nov 2004 16:44

She was aged 66 when she died, it doesnt even give her occupation on the death cert, it gives her husbands ocupation, clerical officer H.M.S.O.

Emma

Emma Report 7 Nov 2004 22:33

Thankyou 4 the advice