Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1837 online

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian

Gillian Report 7 Nov 2004 10:09

Hi - can you help me out, where am I going wrong. I have started using this site and thought I would prove t myself its accuracy and entered my mother's details of death, information I am 110% sure of but it tells me that there are no records for her. Can anyone tell me why these are not showing? Thanks

Paul

Paul Report 7 Nov 2004 10:14

Have you tried a deliberately vague search. It may be that there was an error made during the transfer to the GRO Index. I have found that on a couple of occasions, and I have also found entries in a different quarter from when they actually happened. Paul

Gillian

Gillian Report 7 Nov 2004 10:29

I actually did several searches using a range of dates/quarters etc but still unsuccessful. This has doubted my confidence in the information they hold but I will have another search later to see if the situation changes!! Thanks for your response. Gill

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 7 Nov 2004 10:38

Having tried changing the spelling, sometimes the name is spelt wrong. Have you her birth certificate so you can be sure that she didn't use her middle name as her first name. Nicola

Gillian

Gillian Report 7 Nov 2004 10:40

I have the death certificate in front of me and keyed in the information required straight from the death certificate plus using specific date and also a range of dates. I have tried since my earlier posting unsuccessfully. My confidence is waning! Thanks for your response.

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 7 Nov 2004 10:46

Have you tried putting in not as much information, and see what happens then. ie just her last name and year. Nicola

Gillian

Gillian Report 7 Nov 2004 10:58

Yep, tried putting just parts of some info and not others, and then reversed it! uuuughhh!

Heather

Heather Report 7 Nov 2004 11:08

I have to say I have been disappointed with that site. I have also put in dates I know are accurate but nothing shows up. I did email them some time back asking why this should be but never received a reply.