Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PALLOTS MARRIAGE INDEX

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jean

Jean Report 6 Nov 2004 22:57

Has anyone printed a record from the Pallots Index? I have found one I need but its like a small piece of paper in the centre of a larger black square. If I print the page there will be just this 2" by 4" printed bit with a lot of black space, and I think it will use a lot of ink!!!! Can anyone tell me what to do? It is only the two names , a year and a small stamp with name of the place so I have copied it into my book but would like to show it as it is, if you know what I mean. Any ideas at all? In hope, Jean

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Nov 2004 23:06

Hi Jean, not 100% sure if it's the same for Pallots, but I get this with census images on Ancestry. What I do is highlight the bit I want by doing click and drag, then go into 'file' then 'print' (rather than just clicking the print icon) and there should be a box you can tick for 'selection'. Should then only print the bit you have highlighted. I'm not very good at explaining things but good luck! Mandy :)

Gary

Gary Report 6 Nov 2004 23:08

increase it on screen till it is as big as you want, press print screen on your keypad, open paint, press paste and crop off what you dont want and ther you have it at a resnable size with no big boarders

Ian

Ian Report 6 Nov 2004 23:09

Jean, Save the image in a file - my pictures or similar. Then access the image and select edit picture. With any luck you will have a crop facility. Use the markers to select just the image you actually require - cutting out the black areas. Ian

Jean

Jean Report 6 Nov 2004 23:11

I tried that but it wouldn't seem to work. Perhaps have another go tomorrow. Its the first one I have found and really wanted to copy it. Thanks for the reply Mandy, I will try again but my cartridge is running out very quickly with all these records! :-) Jean

Jean

Jean Report 6 Nov 2004 23:15

Thanks Gary and Ian, I think one of those should work. I am new to computers as well as family history, my poor brain is finding it hard work!! Thanks to all for the ideas, Jean