Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

One of the best research sites in Australia

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wayne the boy from OZ

Wayne the boy from OZ Report 6 Nov 2004 10:47

If you are researching Australian ancestors then try here. www(.)nla(.)gov(.)au/pathways/jnls/newsite/browse/geoghist(.)html - Wayne

Susan

Susan Report 6 Nov 2004 18:51

Hi Wayne Brilliant site lots of information and have just ordered a relative's World War II Service Record. Many thanks Susan

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 6 Nov 2004 19:18

Thanks for sharing that one. It looks really interesting. I reckon you shouldn't need the brackets for the URL because there aren't any COs directly after dots. Let's see... http://www.nla.gov.au/pathways/jnls/newsite/browse/geoghist.html Christine

Susan

Susan Report 6 Nov 2004 22:37

That is a great site......how on earth did you come across that one.....thats better than going to the library Many thanks for sharing Sue in Oz

Wayne the boy from OZ

Wayne the boy from OZ Report 7 Nov 2004 03:25

I was searching for a libary that gives free access to Gale. Wayne

Lynne

Lynne Report 8 Nov 2004 16:30

I have tried to acces that site but it says page does not exist!! Any ideas?

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Nov 2004 17:20

MWAH - thanks Wayne - I had lost the details of this site - its excellent . I actually registered for it and they posted me out my library ticket - lol the staff are very helpful