Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lost family on 1901 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 5 Nov 2004 15:38

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help?! My Great Grandparents (Frank Girt and Violet Clarke) seem to be missing from the 1901 census. I know Frank went into the forces (possibly Suffolk Regiment) and Violet was on the 1891 census but can't seem to find them again. How do I find out if the went into the forces and which ones? Sorry if this comes across as me being stupid but I am getting quite frustrated!! Thanks Karen

Trouble

Trouble Report 5 Nov 2004 15:41

He might be in the Boer War, You could also try to contact his regiment direct.

Nichola

Nichola Report 5 Nov 2004 20:02

Could it be possible that their names were mis-transcribed. I thought a few of my ancestors were missing but then found them under a different name. Nicky

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 5 Nov 2004 20:13

Have you tried searching for them by using soundex instead of exact matches. Quite often the names are spelt wrong. Nicola