Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is it possible to view 1851 census on the free anc

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 5 Nov 2004 12:58

I know you can find the census on Ancestry, but not sure where it is from the site you get to on the free trial. Has anyone got any ideas?

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 5 Nov 2004 13:49

do you mean the 1851 census is pay only? Because I am in the free ancestry now. Same way of entering as before

Carol

Carol Report 5 Nov 2004 14:03

I am fully paid up, but I always thought the free trial included everything that paid up did. The 1851 is transcript only and only partial, and it is not easy to find. Took me ages and I have full membership. Try going direct from here http://www(.)ancestry(.)co(.)uk/search/db(.)aspx?dbid=7918 Remove the brackets

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 5 Nov 2004 14:21

thank you I'll give it a try Karen

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 5 Nov 2004 14:22

Hi Karen I'm using that free entry thingy! If you scroll down to United Kindom Census Records, just below 1891 wales census it says View all 14 United Kingdom Census Records. Click on that and it will take you to where you can find the 1851 Jeanette x