Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help, please...how can I save census images from A

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joan

Joan Report 5 Nov 2004 09:02

If I want to save the whole image, how can I do it so I can enlarge it , or a part of it, to readable size? Thanks, Joan

Judith

Judith Report 5 Nov 2004 09:29

If you are using the 'advanced viewer' option there is a save icon on the right hand side. Using this saves as a jpg file which you should be able to zoom and edit to your heart's content.Judith

Emma

Emma Report 5 Nov 2004 09:30

Joan, As long as you are viewing the Ancestry census on the "enhanced viewer" you should be able to just click the save disc icon and save the image as a jpeg to your computer. Then it's just a case of opening the saved document using a graphics package on your computer. The files should open automatically if you double click them in your document browser window. Hope this helps, Emma.

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 5 Nov 2004 09:31

Hi Joan When you go into census images, you will see on the right a box there, around the outside of the box there are arrows. Above that you will see different icons. There you should see one of them is in the shape of a floppy disk click on that and there it will give you instructions of how to proceed in saving the image. If you have followed the procedure correctly, it will go straight into your pictures save it in there. I hope I haven explained properly. Nicola

Joan

Joan Report 7 Nov 2004 08:42

Thanks everyone, I'm off to have a go! Joan