Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Brick Wall - dead, divorced? Please help!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lis

Lis Report 4 Nov 2004 20:18

Woah, that last message was too long - restart! Hi everyone, Trying to find my paternal grandmother (my dad was adopted) and am completely stuck. No record of her other than birth and marriage. Subsequent message postings, freebmd, 1837online, ancestry, electoral roll, living persons, death index: you name it, I've searched it, have turned up nothing other than her husbands death. Why? I can only think that she might have divorced and remarried and/or moved abroad or perhaps died and not been recorded. How would I find any of this out? V grateful for any help! x

Ann

Ann Report 4 Nov 2004 20:57

Try messgaing all the imformation you have on the boards, it's amazing what some og the people on this board and the records board manage to come up with! Ann

Poolie Girl

Poolie Girl Report 4 Nov 2004 21:00

Have you searched for her marriage after her first husband's death? Beth

Lis

Lis Report 5 Nov 2004 10:29

Thanks Ann and Beth, I will definitely try and post all the info. Was a little shocked at my first, rather longer attempt at a posting though as it all bunched together and was a bit of a shocker to read (hence the second message!). Will have to try adding bigger spaces perhaps! Beth - good idea - the husband died in 2000 so I guess I thought it was unlikely that she would have remarried so soon and because she would have been 75 at the time of his death. But it's definitely worth checking out - you never know these days!! :) Thanks again for your help. Will post again soon. Regards, Lis