Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hopkins in Australia

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 4 Nov 2004 17:20

I am trying to find a Albert Hopkins b/1940.Has 2 daughters and 1 son both girls have a son each.His brothers are called Bryan - Graham, mother Mary and father Thomas Hopkins

Jude 3

Jude 3 Report 4 Nov 2004 23:20

Hi Jeffrey, where in australia?, we may only have 21 million people, but you really need to know a city, suburb or state. You could try www.whitepages.com.au - its our telephone directory. I know a couple of hopkins that are on the school friends site, i went to school with one of them in victoria. www.schoolfriends.com.au. hope this is of some help. judy

Patricia

Patricia Report 5 Nov 2004 00:15

Sorry i do not know where just a relative told me a bit about them.I do know that Albert Hopkins married a Di in 1976.And there children were called Natasha and Nada Darren Was just hopking it might get a hit with some one. Albert is my mother's cousin.

John

John Report 5 Nov 2004 06:25

Hi Jeffrey Checked NSW marriages 1920-40 no record of Thomas Hopkins m Mary ? some of the other states are pay to view so you might have to put up a message to see if someone has the cd-rom's,also check The Ryerson Index which is a ad-hoc death notice site for Oz,mainly NSW but does have some others. John.

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Nov 2004 09:29

HI Jeffrey I just had a look on our white pages and there are lots of Hopkins I found a M& TJ Hopkins at 2 Gilbertson Rd. Seacliff Park 5047 South Australia Phone (08) 82968212 You could try looking up our white pages on line and see what you can fine website is www(.)whitepages(.)com(.)au remove the brackets good luck Mary

Patricia

Patricia Report 5 Nov 2004 09:52

Thanks alot for your advice i will try and see if i can find out where abouts he lives.Hard trying to get info from relative she is in and out of hospital.

Patricia

Patricia Report 5 Nov 2004 14:45

Sorry if i confussed anyone but Thomas and Mary married and live over here.England. It is Albert and Di who live in Australia with their family.They are the ones i am trying to find.