Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How to find someone??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 4 Nov 2004 08:27

Ive got a family that didnt seem to stay anywhere longer than a year and im wondering if anyone could give me any guidance to how to find them in the census years. I know in 1851 they were in Staffordshire, in 1881 they were in Rotherham and 1891/1901 Sheffield. Im missing 1861 and 1871. People have very kindly looked at Staffordshire and Yorkshire census' for me for 1861 and 1871 but to no avail. Would anyone know of any other way i could search for this family? I suppose they might have moved to another county before Yorkshire. Regards, Claire

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 4 Nov 2004 09:33

Hi, Were any children born during that time? Their birth places might give you a location? Or did anyone die? Gwynne

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 4 Nov 2004 09:49

Hi Gwynne. I dont know about the children, on 1851 there was 4 children all born in Staffordshire (Cradley). On 1881 there was one child born in Hoyland so they were in Barnsley at some point. In between there are clearly other children born but i dont know who they were and what happend to them. Its all confusing, lol. Claire xx