Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Visions of a nation? Can you help me find website?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mad Alice

Mad Alice Report 3 Nov 2004 22:31

Can anyone tell me the name of the website I am looking for , launced sometime last week? Thanks Linda

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Nov 2004 22:54

Sorry Alice, I tried Google and nothing. Any other clues? Mandy :)

Jean

Jean Report 3 Nov 2004 22:55

www(visionofbritain).org.uk delete the brackets. I have just looked and its still not up and running!! Just the home page, but you can find it and put it in your favourites now so you don't forget. With all the advance publicity it should be working by now. Nearly as bad as the launch of the 1901 site!!

Mad Alice

Mad Alice Report 3 Nov 2004 22:58

Yes I googled it too and got nowhere. It was something to do with address or towns in vcitorian time The site gives you historical informatioN. It was mentioned on here last week, but I didn't take much notice!

Mad Alice

Mad Alice Report 3 Nov 2004 23:00

Thank you both for your help. I have to make sure I'm concentrating next time! Linda