Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Genes Site upgrade

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wayne the boy from OZ

Wayne the boy from OZ Report 3 Nov 2004 22:30

It would be nice to know when they plan to do the next upgrade to this site. See below......................

Wayne the boy from OZ

Wayne the boy from OZ Report 3 Nov 2004 22:34

I still get errors when I have posted a message to the trying to find Board. When I save the entry the page reloads and all the details are now found a page scroll down. Also I notice that the tabs for the message boards have all gone out of allignment. One of the most frustrating things is deleting entries from your contact page. If you are deleting from say page 5 then after each deletion you are taken back to page one and you have to reload page five and you can only delete one name at a time from your contacts list. If you have any other suggestions or comments about improving this site please post them here so they can be disscussed. Wayne

BrianW

BrianW Report 3 Nov 2004 22:38

Surely if you check the box(es) on the extreme right of the contacts you can delete several at once?

Wayne the boy from OZ

Wayne the boy from OZ Report 3 Nov 2004 22:52

On the Your Contacts page you can only remove one name at a time. Wayne

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Nov 2004 22:54

No, it's really annoying, you can only delete the contacts one at a time. I'm having to go through mine practically every day so that they don't pile up! Mandy :)

Wayne the boy from OZ

Wayne the boy from OZ Report 4 Nov 2004 02:40

bump

BrianW

BrianW Report 4 Nov 2004 10:28

I hope they don't upgrade it. "Better" is worse !

Jim

Jim Report 5 Nov 2004 09:54

Wayne.... I'm not being picky when I say this, but I have just spent hours and hours of working at the key board over the last week and messsaging GR via Steve to establish a list of legitimate moans and suggestions. .......... What I would like to know is why you did not add your valid point to my list, BEFORE it was closed and being addressed..................... Starting yet another thread has defeated the purpose of that initiative............. Though I am not renewing my membership on the 13th November, I took this task on myself in order to bring some sense into this site. In view of the positive and well publicised reponse I am getting from Steve it shows he has listened to me, BUT....have I been wasting my time with members I ask? Cheers Jim.