Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help me!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emma

Emma Report 3 Nov 2004 19:01

Can anyone please please do a 1901 lookup for me???? tring to find winifred wynn born 1895 father was william wynn. BUT...... possible she was born winifred kathleen hooper barton R.

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Nov 2004 19:05

Two possible births: Name: Wynn, Winifred Emily Record Type: Births Quarter: December Year: 1895 District: Islington County: Greater London London Middlesex Volume: 1b Page: 257 Name: Hooper, Winifred Kathleen H Record Type: Births Quarter: March Year: 1895 District: Barton Regis County: Gloucestershire Volume: 6a Page: 161 What connection is she to you? How did you come across her - do you have any idea where she was born, and why are you doubtful about her surname? nell

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Nov 2004 19:09

1901 census index has: Name Age WhereBorn AdministrativeCounty Civil Parish Occupation Winifred Wynn 5 Barnsbury N Middlesex Wood Green These are the Winifred Hoopers: Name Age WhereBorn AdministrativeCounty Civil Parish Occupation Winifred Hooper 5 Burlescombe Devon Devon Burlescombe Winifred Hooper 5 Devon Barnstaple Somerset Bickenhall Entire Winifred Hooper 5 Gloucester Gloucestershire Gloucester Winifred Hooper 5 Guernsey St Peter Port Guernsey St Sampsons Winifred Hooper 5 U S A Chicago Somerset West Crewkerne Winifred Hooper 6 Bristol Bristol Bristol Winifred Hooper 6 Devon Devonport Devonport Devonport nell

Emma

Emma Report 3 Nov 2004 19:10

Thanks for that. She is my great grandmother. I am having big problems finding her birth entry, got her wedding cert in 1926 and her death cert in 1961 but no birth cert. Someone emailed me saying it could possibly Hooper, but this is all a big mystery. I know her father was william wynn but really want to know who her mother was.

Emma

Emma Report 3 Nov 2004 19:12

Is there any mention of other family members???

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Nov 2004 19:13

Emma You need to work back - have you got her maiden name on her marriage cert or the birth certs of her children? nell

Emma

Emma Report 3 Nov 2004 19:17

She married albert charman and her maiden name on the cert was wynn, but as i cannot find her birth entry in this name i thought perhaps she had a different name at birth and took her fathers name later on.

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Nov 2004 21:06

I can't give you further info from 1901 as I would have to pay, but possibly someone will look this up on ancestry if they have a sub - try posting a specific request on the Records Office board. Or you could pay yourself and find out:. nell

Judith

Judith Report 3 Nov 2004 21:19

These are the Wynns on the same 1901 page as Winifred Wynn aged 5, 'wrong' father so doesn't look like your Winifred. Doris Wynn 6 Barnsbury N Middlesex Wood Green Eliza Wynn 36 Southend Essex Middlesex Wood Green Thos Wynn 9 Hornsey N Middlesex Wood Green Thos Wynn 37 Clerkenwell E L Middlesex Wood Green Advertisement Canvasser Winifred Wynn 5 Barnsbury N Middlesex Wood Green